Town Clerk / Treasurer
The Town Clerk/Treasurer is responsible for the management of the Town's vital records, coordinates Town elections and serves as the Town’s Treasurer.
- Attends meetings of Town Council, UCFD and Water Company Boards as official record keeper for the Town and Water Company.
- Prepares, indexes and files official meeting minutes; coordinates the development and execution of Town Council, UCFD and Water Company Board agenda process and attests to official acts of the Council.
- Posts and advertises official meetings, public hearings, calls for bids, liquor licenses, documents of public interest, maintains affidavits of publication and posting in accordance with Arizona Revised Statutes.
- Maintains official Town records, including ordinances, resolutions, policy issue resolutions, Council action reports, agendas and minutes and contracts in accordance with Arizona Revised Statutes.
- Ensures official actions, ordinances, resolutions, contracts, bonds and other formal agreements are attested to and countersigned.
- Holds and is responsible for the Town Seal.
- Manages Town Cemetery and associated processes.
- Oversees Town notary and associated training.
- Responsible for receiving and safeguarding of all Town monies that shall come into the town and makes payments when authorized by the Town Council.
- Keeps a separate record and account of each different Town fund, appropriates the monies as prescribed by the Town Council and maintains a complete set of books showing every transaction to/from the town, the fund balance, the funding source/purpose of each fund.
- Manages monthly reports to the council of all receipts and disbursements.
- Supervises the annual accounting for all Town receipts and expenditures, revenues, appropriations, balance of any indebtedness issued and the amount of cash on hand.
- Signs checks as needed by both the Town and Water Company.
- Reviews sales tax numbers monthly and works closely with Town’s Sales Tax Auditor.
Public Information Requests
Resolution 2014-01 institutes fees to print public information requests.
- Administrative Regulations for Public Information Requests (PDF)
- Public Information Request Forms (PDF)
Citizen's GuideWe hope that you will find this Citizen's Guide helpful and informative. We have tried to include answers to the most often asked questions about zoning, building codes, Town ordinances, miscellaneous items of information, and a smattering of history and statistics.
• Town of Carefree Citizen's Guide