Obtaining a License
To obtain an annual business license, please submit the Business License Application Form (PDF) and a $40 fee to Town Hall. Once the application is processed, a business license will be issued, and delivered via mail or courier.
Summary of the Business License Requirements (PDF).
ALL businesses must obtain a license prior to opening for business in the Town of Carefree.
Existing businesses must renew their license annually, no later than July 1 of each calendar year.
Types of businesses requiring a Town of Carefree business license:
- Non-exempt entities located in Carefree
- Individuals or businesses renting any number of commercial units
- Individuals or businesses renting two (2) or more residential units in Arizona, with at least one (1) unit located in Carefree
- Short term or vacation rentals
- Any service-oriented home occupation
- Non-profit 501(c) 3 organizations
- Churches (places of worship)
- Public schools
- Temporary/transient businesses operating with a vendor’s permit
- Agencies of any federal, state or local government entity
Town staff maintains database with information that will be utilized for a Carefree business directory on the Town’s websites. This database assists both the Town and the local business community with data, maps and studies in order to understand existing business climate and conditions, make projections and develop programs to enhance the Town's marketability and economic vitality.