Court Payment FAQ

What Methods of Payment Does the Court Accept?

Effective January 1, 2021 and pursuant to Supreme Court Administrative Order #2010-118, the acceptable methods of payment for fines, civil sanctions, and all other fees collected for the Carefree-Cave Creek Consolidated Court must be in the form of acceptable cash, money order, cashier’s check, traveler’s check, Visa, MasterCard, Discover Card, American Express, or personal check, and a receipt will be issued for every payment made in person. The receipt provided by the court is proof of payment. 

No personal checks will be accepted for civil traffic suspensions or warrants.
A $25 handling fee will be added to all returned checks from the bank drawn on for non-sufficient funds, stop-payment, or closed account and credit card charge-backs.

How Can I Make a Court Payment?

Online at Carefree Cave Creek Payments or Arizona Courts Online Payment.

In person or by mail at Carefree Cave Creek Consolidated Court:

  • 37622 N. Cave Creek Road, Suite B, Cave Creek, AZ 85331

  • Accepted forms of payment: Cash, Credit Card, Debit Card, Cashier’s Check, Travelers Check, Personal Check.

  • 5% fee for all credit/debit transactions

  • $25 handling fee assessed on checks returned from bank for insufficient funds, closed accounts or charge backs.

By telephone via third party vender nCourt at 1-844-546-9372

  • 5% transaction fee.

Cash accepted at various retail locations using PayNearMe:

  • Visit Arizona Courts Online Payment or call 1-800-720-7743 for more information.

  • Subject to $2.99 convenience fee.

  • Allows for payment outside of normal court business hours.

What if I Cannot Make a Court Payment on Time?

Please contact the Court to request an extension of time to complete traffic school or to make payment.  Do not ignore your responsibility to pay, as this may result in additional costs to you. 

What Happens if I Forget or Refuse to Pay the Court?

When payments are not made on time, the Court may take the following action:

  • Place your account into default and assess default fees.

  • Issue a warrant for your arrest.

  • Refer the balance of the account to F.A.R.E. (Fines, Fees and Restitution Enforcement) program, which will result in additional fees you will have to pay.

  • Notify the Arizona Department of Revenue to deduct the balance due from your state tax refund.

What if My Case Has Been Submitted to F.A.R.E./collections?

When cases are sent to F.A.R.E., some cases may be eligible for the F.A.R.E. CAP program.  A down payment to remove your account from F.A.R.E. collections is required.  You should contact the court to ensure your case is eligible for the F.A.R.E. CAP program.

Payments are NOT accepted for: Defensive Driving School - you must pay the school directly.

Juveniles MUST come to court with a parent or guardian.

If you are required to pay fines, penalties, fees or other financial obligations as a result of a judgement of this court and you are unable to pay, bring this information to the attention of court staff or the judge because payments over time or other alternatives may be available.

Do not ignore your responsibility to pay, as this may result in additional penalties and costs to you. For more information, contact the court or an attorney.

If you need more information, please call the court at 480-488-1689.

Si a usted se le exige pagar multas, sanciones, cuotas u otras obligaciones económicas como resultado de una sentencia en este tribunal y no puede pagarlas, avíseles o al personal del tribunal o al juez de su situación porque puede ser posible pagar a plazos o puede existir otra opción. 

No haga caso omiso de su responsabilidad de pagar, el cual le podría generar nuevas sanciones y costas. Para obtener más información, o póngase en contacto con el tribunal o un abogado.